Staying In Touch
I firmly believe that our democracy is stronger when we are informed and engaged, so I want to make sure that people have opportunities to stay involved. My contact info is (401) 388-0696 / Sen-Gu@rilegislature.gov.
I would like to call to your attention the General Assembly website http://www.rilegislature.gov which contains a wealth of information on legislative sessions, including daily introductions, committee hearings, legislative calendars and the complete/updated text of all bills introduced.
Here are a couple ways you can stay in touch so that we can problem-solve together:
- Making state agencies work better for you: Whether it’s an issue with a license or benefit you’re applying for, or you would like to see some changes with a state-run parking lot or other facility, we have a team here to assist. You can either call or email me, or reach out to Constituent Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org / (401) 276-5556
- Giving feedback on bills: You can call or email me anytime between when a bill is drafted, when a bill is up for committee vote, and when a bill is up for a full senate vote.
- Giving testimony on a bill pending before a committee: Personal stories are powerful and can help a lot during a bill hearing. You can write a paragraph or a full letter and then email it to the full committee and CC me if you’re in my district. Committees will also take in-person testimony on bills. If you want more information about the in-person testimony process, contact me.
- Doing a deeper dive on a statewide issue: Your ideas and feedback on new state initiatives and funding needs could all potentially make its way into a state bill or budget request. Keep in mind the deadline for us to submit bills is mid-February each year.
- Coming to a Town Hall: My town halls include updates on the major legislative issues, and it’s a chance to talk about issues in-depth. I send out notices in my newsletter. If you can’t make it or have anything you want to send me right away, please send it to
Sign up for newsletter
Please sign up here to receive email newsletter updates from Senator Gu. You may cancel or unsubscribe at any time.
*indicates required field.
AddressPO Box 116, Charlestown, RI, 02813